Securing Cancer Connection's Future
CARES Act 2020: How It Could Benefit You
Legislation known as the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, designed to assist the economy during the coronavirus pandemic, was passed by Congress and signed into law by the President on March 27, 2020.
Here is a summary of provisions applicable to charitable giving included in the Act, officially named the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act: New Charitable Deduction for Non-Itemizers, Higher Deduction Limits, Required minimum distributions waived in 2020, Waiver of penalties when retirement funds are used for Coronavirus purposes.
Cancer Connection is an independent non-profit organization that depends on the voluntary contributions of individuals and businesses in our community.
Keep Hope Alive Every Day
"Reiki allowed me to relax and focus on my healing. Cancer Connection gave hope and meaning to me and my wife during a very stressful time." - John Riley
Today, you can give hope to someone living with cancer and their loved ones, like John and his wife, Patti.
We are dedicated to offering programs, support groups, workshops and integrative therapies free-of-charge to people in the Pioneer Valley who are living with cancer, along with their family members and caregivers. We raise our entire operating budget every year through donations. Some 125 people participate in our activities each week; in addition, people newly diagnosed with cancer or facing a recurrence call and drop in daily for advice, comfort and support.
Pay it Forward...
Please consider contributing to Cancer Connection if you’ve found our programs worthwhile in your cancer journey, so that someone else can share your experience here. Cancer Connection is a registered 501(c)3 organization. EIN # 04-3493483.
Suggestions for donations:
- Donate in honor or in memory of a family member or a friend: Your support of Cancer Connection will allow us to continue to offer life-affirming and supportive programs and services free-of-charge to those most in need.
- Donate your car, truck, van, motorcycle, RV or boat with trailer. All of the details are handled for you, and our vehicle donation company will pick up all over the country at no cost to you. You will receive a receipt entitling you to a tax deduction for the gross selling price or $500, whichever is greater. Donate now.
- Participate in a community fundraiser for Cancer Connection. Our Special Events page has information about fundraising events which are held throughout the year.
- Purchase a handmade card from White Leaf paper. If you purchase here, we will receive 50% of the sale price! Each blank card is made by hand, from local plants. It has a somewhat rustic textured, cream color paper ground. The designs are made from colored paper pulp which is integral to the paper itself. Every card is unique and varies in color, fiber content, and texture by choice of the artist.
- Sponsor a program, class or therapy (call us at (413) 586-1642 to designate your gift):
- $4,800 underwrites a support group for a year
- $1,000 underwrites a ten-week class
- $500 covers the cost of a half-day workshop
- $300 underwrites five integrative therapy sessions
- Make a legacy gift or bequest. Call Cancer Connection (413-586-1642) to speak with our Executive Director about making a meaningful legacy gift or bequest to Cancer Connection.
Contributions to Cancer Connection are tax-deductible and keep your gifts in the local community where they offer the greatest benefit to your loved ones.
Help us raise funds that stay local to help you, your friends and your neighbors who are living with cancer.
Please mail your donation to:
Cancer Connection, Inc.
41 Locust Street
Northampton, MA 01060
Or donate online by clicking on the donate button.
If you would like to make an online donation in honor or in memory of a loved one, after you enter the dollar amount, there will be an image of a pencil adjacent with "add a note". Please include the recipient's address, if you would like us to send acknowledgement to the recipient or their family.