JOB POSTING - BOOKKEEPER
Wonderful place to work with a Flexible Schedule
Welcome to Cancer Connection. We are known as a place to find kindness, understanding, energy, laughter, and respite.
Cancer Connection offers a haven where people living with cancer, their families, and their caregivers can learn how to cope with their changed lives and bodies and emotional turmoil by sharing strategies and resources.
Since its founding in 2000 by Deb Orgera and Jackie Walker, Cancer Connection has dedicated itself to creating a creative and welcoming environment emphasizing vitality and good times rather than isolation and illness.
We can offer our services free of charge, thanks to the generosity of the individuals, corporations and foundations that support our work.
We are in search of an outstanding Bookkeeper to join our team. We offer a flexible schedule and excellent pay and benefits.
Key Job Functions:
- Prepare journal entries, process invoices, and reconcile bank account, deposits, and investments daily.
- Track Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, grants, donations and other income and expenses.
- Process and track time sheets and leave balances. Adjust leave balances, as necessary. Prepare payroll reports for processing.
- Track grants and donations.
- Reconcile General Ledger entries.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements and detailed financial reports.
- Prepare month-end general ledger (GL) accruals and adjustments.
- Prepare monthly tax accrual calculations for review. Assist with preparation of detailed schedules for tax returns.
- Comply with federal, state, and local accounting requirements.
- Minimum three to 5 years of accounting experience is required, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related field preferred, or equivalent education/experience.
- Technical proficiency, including use of QuickBooks accounting software is required.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong computer, web-based, video conferencing, and MS Office skills.
- Online QuickBooks experience a plus.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
Cancer Connection is located 2 miles from downtown Northampton and Smith College in Northampton, MA.
Limited free parking, close to recreational areas and arts and entertainment.
Cancer Connection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Medical Insurance
- Vacation, Holidays, Sick and Personal Days Schedule:
- Part-time flexible 20 hours
- Monday to Friday with flexible hours